Season 2 hasn’t ended yet and we’re already getting intel on season 3.
Entertainment Weekly got a hold of the list of the new characters that will be appearing in season 3 of Game of Thrones.
– Mance Rayder: Former Nights Watchman who became King Beyond the Wall. He is a bit of a badass with an axe to grind against those still on the Wall.
– Daario Naharis: A warrior and confident of Daenerys. Will he have his blue beard?
– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: Been wondering where these two have been; a brother and sister who both have some second sight powers; friends to the two youngest Starks.
– Edmure Tully: Catelyn’s brother
– Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn’s uncle.
– Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis’ wife. Surprised they are keeping her as they almost seemed to write her off at the beginning of the season.
– Shireen: Stannis’ daughter. (see above)
– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s grandmother. One savvy old lady with a sharp sharp tongue and a sharp sharp mind.
– Beric Dondarrion: Knight who is the leader of the famed group of outlaws, the Brotherhood Without Banners. This is the Brotherhood all those poor souls were being tortured over at Harrenhal.
– Thoros of Myr: A red priest, who rides with Dondarrion. Follower of R’hllor, just like Melissandre.
– Tormund Giantsbane: Wilding with a great great name
It would seem this is not all the new characters, just the ones the show runners were willing to divulge.
Will non-book readers be able to take in this huge influx of new characters or are they used to it at this point? I cannot think of too much casting oddly enough. Though, based solely on her work as the Dowager Countess, who DOESN’T see Maggie Smith as the Queen of Thorns?
Maybe Liam Neeson for Mance Rayder? He’s got the right look and has worn period costume in Rob Roy.
Anyone else have casting thoughts?
I support Liam Neeson in everything but I had not considered him as Mance yet. That picture makes him look perfect for the role, though!
I feel like it’s not a medieval type show/movie without a little Neeson. Plus there’s no way for him to give his “Taken” talk …
Pingback: A Ton of Game of Thrones Season 3 Casting News (with photos!) | Movies, TV, and all things Pop Culture